Job Title: Manufacturing Team Lead
Location: Hoofddorp, NL
Hours: 40h p/w - 4 on/2 off - morning/evening shift
Salary: 68K EUR Gross p/a + 27.95% shift allowance, 375EUR monthly travel allowance
Please note: this role does not offer any VISA sponsorship, to be eligible for the role you must be an EU passport holder.
Overview: i-pharm consulting is working with a global biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join their team in Hoofddorp, NL.
Our client is helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where they make discoveries every day - discoveries that include their own capabilities and their own individual potential.
As Team Lead Manufacturing you'll be joining a newly formed team in which people of all backgrounds and experiences are respected, and where working together focused on saving lives, by finding the cure for cancer, is a daily activity. You'll be reporting to the Senior Manager Manufacturing.
We are seeking a highly effective Team Lead, Manufacturing to be responsible for supervising a team of cell culture manufacturing specialists in a commercial pharmaceutical environment.
Responsibilities, among others, will be:
- Supervise the on-the-floor operations of our commercial cell therapy manufacturing facility in a cGMP environment
- Build a team, provide necessary training and ongoing coaching, discipline and recognition of direct staff, including performing annual performance reviews
- Generate SOPs, MPRs, and SPRs for equipment and procedures used in routine biologics manufacture
- Execute production and resource schedule against operational plan
- Ensure performance of all process steps specific to the phase or stage of operation
- Process monitoring, including manipulation of databases, documents and/or spreadsheets to support business reporting requirements
- Review of completed manufacturing documentation per compliance standards and established timelines
- Investigate and resolve problems, identifying root cause, and proposing process improvements through clear communication to senior management
- Interact with outside vendors and senior management
- Participate in multi-functional project teams, as necessary
- Take corrective action to bring about required changes using change control procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in biology or related field (or equivalent experience required), preferably at least 5 years of experience supervising staff
- Able to build and lead a team as well as train entry-level personnel
- Previous cell culture experience preferred/highly desired
- Knowledgeable of the Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Sufficient understanding of process, systems and equipment to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions to senior management
- Sufficient knowledge of electronic quality systems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite "can do" attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to our small, but growing environment
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
If you are interested in finding out more about this role or others, please contact Manpreet Bhullar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44020 7551 0802