The Associate Director of Procurement - Biologics Manufacturing to is responsible for developing and executing strategic projects and supporting Dublin site's operating objectives, ensuring that procedures and process are securely established to support growth plans. This person needs to be adaptable, have strong Customer Focus and the ability to work in a collaborative manner with others throughout the Organization. This dynamic individual will be willing to create breakthrough strategies which deliver quick-wins and generate legitimate business value, always driving innovation.
A dynamic, experienced individual, the Associate Director of Procurement- Biologics Manufacturing will have experience in the area of Biologics, excellent communication & Interpersonal skills and will need to lead with initiative and ambition. This role requires leadership in the following key areas;
- Strategic Sourcing - Sourcing Management Process (SMP) & Project execution
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Supply Risk Management & Mitigation Project execution
- Supplier Performance Improvement,
- Identification & Management of Cost Reduction Initiatives,
- Supplier Diversity Development,
- Working Capital Improvement,
- Supplier Relationship Management.
- Strong project Management capabilities
- New Product Introduction - End to End
- Stakeholder Engagement
- This role will also require management of relationships with external contacts to ensure successful engagement ensuring optimal performance.
- responsible for leading and managing the measurement and review process associated with existing and future supplier relationships to ensure continuous improvement and delivery of expectations.
- Acts as change agent, demonstrating added value brought by the procurement function. Is a personal example and role model of the leadership behaviours.
- Working as part of a Regional/Global team will mean that some aspects of this role may span across multiple sites and not just the site (Dublin Biotech) where this person is based.
What skills you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Science, Supply Chain or Procurement related area potentially to MBA or advanced degree level.
- Extensive Professional expertise in Procurement and project management within the biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment (>5 years),
- Experience working with senior leaders (3-5 years) in large-scale organizational change initiatives.
- Ideally, experience in the biologics manufacturing environment and a proven track record in project management and biologics operations scale-up experience.
- Competent in influencing sourcing decisions during early design phase of new product introductions with proven success in vaccines & biologics operations.
- Ability to develop and implement accelerated sourcing strategies to facilitate rapid and innovative project execution in a commercial
- Competent provider of frontline Procurement expertise & coaching to operational teams as first point of contact to influence future sourcing decisions.
- Knowledge and experience of Single Use Technologies and Complex Biologics Ingredients essential as it pertains to Large Molecules Sterile Manufacturing.