Seeking a senior level Field Service Engineer with strong previous experience in the service, maintenance and repair of threat detection and security screening equipment.
This role requires daily travel around Darwin and regional NT.
Occasional interstate travel involved.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for meeting daily service needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
- Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Participates in Service sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements where applicable.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on the main company's products in the region.
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level FSE's and Product Specialist in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimise costs.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role.
- Minimum of 5 year's experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems/equipment.
- Experience with X-Ray/threat detection equipment.
- Ability to read and follow electrical/mechanical schematics to assist in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly.
- Eagerness to be involved in special projects, some of high profile/value/complexity, and/or in direct support of applicable project lead, as assigned.
- Performs fault trend analysis and collaborates with relevant stakeholders to develop a solution.
- Has a sound knowledge of business PC applications (MS Word, Excel & Power Point) and able to effectively use them to provide clear, concise information summaries as needed.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Restricted Electrical License is essential/be able to obtain one (disconnect/reconnect license)
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering Degree or equivalent technical training/experience.
- Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable (>5 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role).
- Full Clean Australian Drivers License
- Ability to acquire and maintain relevant security clearance and industry related licences
- Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
- Must be willing and able to be on-call as per the roster.